Mandurah Aquatic and Recreation Centre (MARC) will reopen on a limited basis from 20 May, 2020. At present, the outdoor 50m pool is still undergoing maintenance and is unavailable, so only the 25m indoor pool is available for use.
As a maximum of 20 persons at any one time is permitted, MARC has broken the times a lane can be booked into, one-hourly sessions starting on the hour. Each session will begin on the hour and last just 45 minutes, at which time swimmers must leave the pool and exit the centre.
Starting from Tuesday the 26th May Mandurah Mannas have been allocated 1 session of 3 lanes every Tuesday and Thursday from 6pm to 6.45pm. With a maximum or 9 swimmers and 1 coach.
So that we can comply with the MARC and Government requirements we will be required to do the following:
- register your intent to swim (for each session) on line via the attached link Click Here , or
contact Captain John at 0466 439 008 and he will register your name
- submit a completed Health Questionnaire Click Here to the coach - no form = no swim
(This a once off form required by MSWA)
- complete an Attendance Record for MARC (available at MARC with Coach on Duty)
- be aware of the health and safety measures to keep us safe
Early sessions will be endurance-based to eliminate the time you spend standing at the end of a lane. The cost of the lane hire and pool will be paid in advance by Mandurah Masters Swimming Club. (No payment required at the pool).
Health and Safety Measures and Requirements
MARC staff will undertake a cleaning of the pool environs before each sessions can begin. This means that the pool environs will be clean before we enter to swim and our arrival will not lead to the number of people in the area exceeding the maximum number allowed.
- be aware of COVID-19 risks and prevention guidelines Click Here
- arrive at MARC 5 minutes before scheduled start
- bring your completed Health Questionnaire form to the coach on your first session
- be aware no showers or change rooms are available, therefore
- wear bathers to and from MARC
- bring your own equipment (fins, pull buoy, hand paddles, etc.)
- bring full water bottles (avoid water coolers)
- follow MARC and health guidelines
- do not attend if feeling unwell, or tired
- report if feeling unwell during session (to coach and MARC)
- get medical attention if feeling unwell, even if not COVID-19 related
- co-operate with MARC staff
- leave MARC immediately after you finish – no mingling with others
Our success or otherwise in following health guidelines will be monitored and breaches will be reported, so please, no pushing of boundaries.
It is recommended that you receive the annual flu shot to reduce the chance of respiratory problems.
If you want to swim outside of training times, you must book and pay online. You will either already have access to this service via a login or you will have to create a login. To do this, go visit MARC website at https://www.mandurah.wa.gov.au/facilities/recreation-centres/online-bookings
The City has made it clear that there are no cash payments and you cannot just walk in and expect to swim. Pre-payment and pre-booking is the only means to gain entry to MARC.
The committee will keep you informed of changes as they occur.